Monday, February 28, 2011

Tomato Sauce, Cherry Jam and English Muffins Oh my!


I took a snow day last Friday because it was really pretty and my car doors were frozen shut. I spent the entire day cooking. I peeked into our chest freezer (which is always a scary experience this time of year as the organization efforts have faded and all the stuff at the bottom starts showing up at the top.) I found some frozen Tomatoes from last summer's CSA crop and some Cherries (I will not tell you how long they were living in there but i am sure they had a nice little civilization set up before I ripped them from their home) and found stuff to do with them. I ended up with 4 quarts of passable tomato sauce and one ruined batch of Cherry Jam and 4 pints of yummy cherry jam. and then I made muffins again. (I am getting good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment